Pre-Care Instructions for Brow Procedures
Please make sure you read the following instructions to assure the best results for your procedure:
- It is very important to refrain from all alcohol, aspirin, or aspirin products, such as blood thinners, Ibuprofen (Advil) and Aleve for 24 hours prior to your appointment. The only product for aches and pain that will not make you bleed is Tylenol.
- Please refrain from Vitamin E and fish oil capsules for 7 days prior to your procedure.
ALL of the above medication (with the exception of Tylenol) may make you bleed excessively. Excessive bleeding during the procedure will negatively affect the longevity of your semi-permanent makeup application. In some cases, the application will need to be prematurely stopped.
- Do not use Botox in the forehead and eye area 2 weeks prior to your procedure.
- Avoid Chemical Peels, Microdermabrasion or other invasive facials 3 weeks prior to procedure.
- Discontinue Vitamin A/Retinol products 2 weeks prior to procedure.
- Discontinue prescription Retin-A products 3 weeks prior to your procedure.
- Do not tint, thread, tweeze or wax your eyebrows 5 days prior to your procedure.
- Do not tan 2 weeks prior to your procedure.
- Please avoid energy drinks & coffee for 24 hours prior to your appointment. Not having caffeine in your system will help you to relax much more easily, as well as help to relax the facial muscles in the areas I will be working on.
Thank you and I look forward to seeing you.
Sign up for updates:
Follow Merry on:
See what others are saying about Merry @ The Raised Brow!
"I visited The Raised Brow interested in micro blading. I had done research into the procedure for months. A friend of mine recommended Merry to me. Naturally, my brows are thin and blonde so I had to fill them in daily. Even when I didn’t do a full face of makeup, I felt the need to fill in my brows. I just had my perfecting (second) visit and am loving my brows so much! I no longer feel the need to fill them in which has saved me a lot of time in the mornings. I highly recommend Merry at Beauty Ink. She is professional and her studio is very clean and comfortable. She was easy to and was easy to schedule with. Thank you, Merry!!" - Jenna Russell
"Merry is amazing!!! She really pays attention to details and is always available if you have questions. She makes sure you aren’t nervous or uncomfortable. I also love that I can go into an appointment and feel at home. We chit chat throughout the whole appointment and she really makes me feel comfortable. I recommend Merry to anyone who is looking for a great experience with microblading. I am so happy with the service I received!!" - Diane Shoaf
"Merry is SUCH a delight to work with! Not only is she easy to chat with and so sweet, but absolutely fabulous at her craft! I have recently had my brows microbladed and again for my follow-up “perfection” appointment and Merry was wonderful each time. She really takes time to measure your brows perfectly, listens intently to your feedback and personal preference! I also loved how diligent she was with the sterilization of her products, as well as her professionalism. If you’re looking for an AMAZING permanent makeup artist, Merry should definitely be your go-to! XO" - Cameron Carson
"After recently having my eyebrows microblade, I would love to promote Merry as your eyebrow specialist. She made me feel very comfortable in her super-cute studio, and was so easy to chat to. Merry pays attention to detail and takes her time in preparing and measuring your brows. You can tell that she is a perfectionist, taking great pride in her work. I would highly recommend Merry as your professional microblade artist. You will not be disappointed!" - Margy Smit
Ready to book your appointment?
Merry's work is driven by her desire to promote all forms of beauty, and in doing so, she promises that you will never get anything less than her absolute best!
The Raised Brow - Permanent Makeup Services in Richmond, VA. Serving Mechanicsville, VA and Surrounding Counties. Services include Microblading, Shading, Powder Brows, Hybrid/Combo Brows, Permanent Eyeliner, Lash Enhancement, Lips, Lash Tinting, Lash Lifts, Facials & Tattoo Removal (Li-FT and PhiRemoval).